SOCIAL VALUE LAB – DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Social value Lab regularly collect personal data as part of the research and consultancy activities we undertake for our clients.
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Social Value Lab is the data controller. This means Social Value Lab decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
We are based at Studio 226, South Block, 60 Osborne Street, Glasgow, G1 5QH, 0141 5301479. The contact person for Data Protection Issues is Rick Rijsdijk, Director, email@example.com.
How do we process your personal data?
Social Value Lab complies with its obligations under the GDPR:
- by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We only use personal data to contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
The legal basis for processing personal data
The legal basis for our research is
- Consent of the data subject (Article 6 GDPR). By this we mean that the data subject has freely given consent for their information to be processed for a specific research purpose.
Sharing personal data
Personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be not be shared with third parties, unless explicit written consent is provided by the data subject to share these data with a specific client.
We will not share personal data with any other third party outside of the organisation.
Keeping personal data
We keep personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for the research. We will delete all personal data within six months from the signing off of the final research report by our Client.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Social Value Lab holds about you;
- The right to request that Social Value Lab corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Social Value Lab to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance, contact us at:
Rick Rijsdijk, Director Social Value Lab
Studio 226, South Block
60 Osborne Street,
Glasgow, G1 5QH